A Comprehensive Introduction to Data Science
Data science is the major field of study for building data analytic models. It is essential to develop a strong understanding of a complex ecosystem of data science tools and platforms, as well as the communication skills necessary to explain advanced analytics. This course covers a comprehensive overview of data science with a specific focus on introducing theories, different techniques and technologies of data science for building and implementing analytical models for extracting knowledge from data. This course will articulate the statistical and mathematical foundations that power the data-scientific approach to problem solving.
- Describe the history and context of data science.
- Explain the foundational concepts of data science.
- Explain the the theortical aspects of data science.
- Describe different data science process models and provide an understanding how to use these models.
- Explain statistical and machine learning techniques for building data analytics model.
- Evaluate the utility of the models against requirements, and their trade-offs
- Provide the description of relevant systems.
What is in it for the Participants?
- Gaining a strong knowledge of the theory of data science
- Gaining an understanding of data science process models and an ability to applying these models to develop an analytics.
- Gaining an understanding about machine learning and statistical techniques and also knowledge about their usage specially when to use what.
- Being familiar with the process of using machine learning or statistical methods to create a model for business problems.
- Learning relevant technologies and their usage.
- Being able to provide basic guidelines to a data science team and communicate with the team members.