Visualization provides the best means of combating information overload, as a well-designed visual encoding can supplant cognitive calculations with simpler perceptual inferences and improve comprehension, memory, and decision making. It is an efficient means to communicate with data statically and incrementally. This course covers fundamental concepts of data visualization, techniques, algorithms for creating effective visualizations based on design principles. It covers the theoretical aspects of data visualizations. The course covers visualization technologies such as D3.Js, Chart.Js, Dygraph, and R. During the course the simulation of a real-world scenario of Big Data visualization will be presented and discussed.
- Provide a comprehensive detail of the fundamental concepts of data visualization.
- Provide an in-depth description of the theoretical aspects of data visualization.
- Provide a solid knowledge of data visualization algorithms and techniques.
- Provide a detailed description of visualization technologies including Js, Chart.Js, Google Map and Chart, Dygraph, and R.
- Present a comparative study of visualization technologies.
- Provide hands-on knowledge of visualizing data with D3.js.
- Provide hands-on knowledge of visualizing data with R.
What is in it for the Participants?
- Learning fundamental concepts of data visualization.
- Learning the theory of data visualization.
- Learning visualization techniques and algorithms.
- Learning fundamentals of visualization technologies.
- Being able to visualize data using D3.js.
- Being able to visualize data using R.